Introduction to Still Life Painting
In this class you will learn the essentials required before we can start painting still life paintings. Topics covered include :
1) How to choose the objects for an interesting still life
2) How to compose your still life paintings so they are pleasing to look at
3) How to built a shadow box
4) How to light your still life correctly
5) How to draw your still life out freehand.
This is a very practical hands on workshop where we will compose our own still life and eventually do a few compositional sketches to learn how to transfer our favourite composition freehand to the canvas.
After building our shadow box we will make our own unique composition and then learn how to transfer it onto the canvas
A theory class where everyone will learn something. This lesson is packed with great pointer. The step by step contruction, on shoe string budget, of a shadow box is a real bonus.
You May Also Like
Get Free Sample Lessons
Enter your info below then I will send you some free sample classes